One of my family members was visiting Milwaukee for work in February and needed a list of restaurants who still served a larger menu beyond fried bar food after 10 p.m.
They were staying downtown at the Hyatt, so I compiled the list featuring restaurants in order of closest to furthest from the hotel.
This is my list so far and I welcome any suggestions you have:
- Calderone Club 842 N. Old World Third St. | 414.273.3236
- Tutto 1033 Old World 3rd St. | 414.291.5600 Think they only serve late on Fri & Sat.
- AJ Bombers 1241 N. Water St. | (414) 221-9999 If you want a great burger, I highly recommend the Barrie Burger - bacon, cheese & crunchy peanut butter. Go there!
- Cubanitas 728 N. Milwaukee St. | 414.225.1760
- Elsa's on the Park 833 N. Jefferson St. | 414.765.0615
- Ward's House of Prime 540 E. Mason St.| 414.223.0135
- The Knick 1030 E. Juneau Ave. | 414.272.0011
- Water Buffalo 249 N. Water St. | 414.431.1133
- La Merenda 125 E. National Ave. | 414.389.0125
- Additional options
While in town, I also recommended they do the following in the morning/early afternoon before their work shift began:
- Milwaukee Public Market: St. Paul Fish Market's Oyster Bar, Thief Wine bar (say hi to Phil & Aimee), the Green Market salad & juice bar - amazing. C. Adam's Bakery is simply delicious - try a Brookie, they are the best cookies in the world.
- Milwaukee Art Museum - Street Scene photography exhibit is featuring some of my favorite American photographers from the 1950s and 1960s including Robert Frank.
- Lela - First and best boutique in Milwaukee's Third Ward. Say hi Carrie, Stephanie and Tracy, those ladies know fashion.
- The Third Ward - great shopping!